DATA AND EVALUATION MANAGER
Job Title: Data and Evaluation Manager
Job Status: Full-Time, Exempt (40 hours, benefit eligible)
Reports to: Executive Director
Wello’s mission is to co-create community conditions that are fair and just to drive high levels of health and well-being for all. Established in 2010, Wello focuses on building authentic relationships that create trusting, action-oriented spaces for change. We value diverse experiences and perspectives, believe in centering community voice in improvement efforts, and are committed to working collaboratively with partners from across our Greater Green Bay community to address root-causes of poor health and well-being. Our work was recognized nationally, in partnership with the City of Green Bay, as a 2021 Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Culture of Health Prize Finalist and by the National League of Cities as innovators in holistic measures of resident well-being.
Wello has an exciting opportunity for a passionate, community-minded, and innovative professional to join our growing team as the Data and Evaluation Manager. This is a newly created position within Wello and reports directly to the Executive Director.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Wello established Brown County, Wisconsin’s first measure of subjective resident health and well-being by launching a countywide survey, panel study, and ground-truthing efforts in 2019. We now have two sets of survey data (2019, 2021), an active panel study, and learnings from multiple ground-truthing approaches including a National Science Foundation project on how to activate real-time, data mapping feedback loops with residents. The next iteration of our evaluation work builds upon these successes to drive innovation in the ways we co-create well-being at a community level. The Data and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for:
● Helping best leverage our local data ecosystem to drive positive outcomes. This will include championing our GIS capabilities utilizing Esri mapping software to drive population-level health and well-being improvements and supporting the development of strong evaluative approaches for our grants, projects and initiatives.
● He/she/they will also help support Wello’s participatory action research model to further our ability to ensure the work is community-led and community-centered.
If you are a person who is eager to make an impact, innovative, creative, and likes the challenge of contributing to the success of a new role, this is the position for you!
GIS Data Analysis and Visualization
You will be the organization’s go-to in implementing our Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to maximize community impact (using Esri suite of products). This includes:
● Facilitating organizational and community partner learning around GIS and its applications;
● Identifying resources and establishing project objectives, timelines, and milestones using GIS;
● Supporting the visualization of data using GIS for project and grant evaluation, community engagement, advocacy, and storytelling;
● Maintenance and cleaning of Wello’s GIS related data; and
● Developing standards and protocols for GIS deployment and use.
Wello’s Resident Health and Well-Being Data Collection Efforts
This position will work in partnership with the Executive Director, local contracted PhD researchers, and community measurement team to support the strategy around our bi-annual resident health and well-being survey (next survey July 2023), panel study, and ground truthing efforts. This includes:
● Result dissemination and supporting the overall analysis and evaluation strategy in alignment with Wello’s participatory action research approach.
● We are committed to ensuring our survey and the resulting data is representative of the people who call Greater Green Bay home and this position will support the overall team in co-creating practices and approaches to achieve this aim.
● One of the role’s first objectives will be to design, develop, and implement an upgraded community dashboard (on the Wello website) that integrates GIS (Esri StoryMaps) and is more interactive and accessible for broad community use.
● This position has the opportunity to implement new, innovative ideas to ensure local data is representative, actionable, and accessible.
Project Evaluation Design and Support
This position will be a core member of the team to activate local data and visualization tools to help tell the story of the projects and initiatives that Wello co-creates with our community. This includes:
● Actively supporting grants through the development of pre-proposal evaluation frameworks;
● Developing strong evaluation for grant implementation including data tracking, reporting, analysis and GIS mapping as applicable.
Project evaluation is essential in sharing our community impact and will be utilized through donor communications, annual reports, presentations and storytelling.
The ideal Wello team member is flexible, innovative, self-directed and thrives in an environment
where everyday brings something new. There will be additional duties as assigned, according to
the organization’s needs, team member’s skills and abilities, and in accordance with the
The successful candidate for the position of Data and Evaluation Manager will have the
following preferred qualifications:
● Two+ years of professional experience in a related position.
● Technical degree or higher preferred in a related field.
● Demonstrated experience in data visualization and/or GIS management and/or grant evaluation.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
● Highly organized with attention to detail; patience; ability to work independently and coordinate multiple, diverse projects, set realistic deadlines, and manage a timeline.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Excellent written and verbal skills.
● Prioritization skills and ability to work according to the organization’s needs.
● Willingness to learn and grow with the organization.
● A can-do attitude.
● Strong commitment to the community including how data can strengthen and support equitable improvements to health and well-being.
Wello will consider candidates interested in 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week) up to 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week). The annual salary range, for full-time (40 hours), is between $50,000 - $60,000 and commensurate with experience and education. We offer unlimited PTO; 6-weeks paid parental leave; 401K contributions; Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance Coverage; a fun, friendly office atmosphere; professional development and leadership opportunities; and an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the growth and evolution of Wello.
This would be a hybrid position with in-office and remote work. Our current working schedule includes in-office days Monday/Thursday with the additional hours to be completed in-office or remotely based on the team members preference and needs of the community. Will consider fully remote for the right candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes a short description of why you are interested in this position at Wello.
Send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Data and Evaluation Manager.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with preference given to applications received by
October 7th. Our preferred start date is in October 2022.
Wello believes in creating a work environment that is inclusive and where everyone can feel like they belong. Our culture is based on celebrating the unique and diverse backgrounds of our team and recognizes the strength diversity, in all its forms, brings to achieving our mission. We are an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran/reserve and National Guard status, sexual orientation or any other status or characteristic protected by state and federal law.